[Tutor] Version conflict?

Steckel, Ralf Ralf.Steckel at AtosOrigin.com
Mon Aug 2 01:38:52 CEST 2004

Hi tolis,

from your e-mail i guess you are using python on a windows box. I think
before you installed python 2.3 you didn't uninstall python 2.2 and/or you
didn't change the PATH environment setting from the directory where python
2.2 is located to the directory where python 2.3 is located (if you used the
default installation directories, this is C:\Python22 for 2.2 and
C:\Python23 for 2.3).

I suggest that you uninstall Python 2.3. Then uninstall Python 2.2 and then
install Python 2.3 again.

If you want to run two different versions of python parallel on Windows, i
don't know if this is possible. Perhaps it's sufficient just to modify the
PATH environment variable, but i think there are also some python specific
settings in the registry.

attention: for modifiying the PATH environment variable: don't alter the
complete value, just the part for Python.

Best wishes,

Ralf