re[Tutor] Parallel port interface

Tony Cappellini tony at tcapp.com
Mon Apr 26 01:06:26 EDT 2004

For a linux-only solution, take a look at what Drew Pertulla did, at
BigAsterisk.com
http://bigasterisk.com/parallel

It's C-based, but you *may* be able to use it from Python

Message: 11
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 12:11:25 -0300
From: Jorge Godoy <godoy at ieee.org>
Subject: [Tutor] Parallel port interface
To: tutor at python.org

Hi!

We're doing a research project that involves controlling mini-windtrap
speeds and we're reading/writing data from the parallel port.

What I've found so far on a fast Google search for "python parallel port"
showed me some stuff that I'd have to interface with Python through SWIG.

If the program could be portable in Windows and Linux it would be a big
plus. We're thinking --- if it can't be written entirely in Python or with
modules that already have binaries for Windows --- in using a Linux only
approach (we, the programmers, use Linux only).

Any hints for modules I should take a look at?