[Tutor] Tkinter dilemas

Brian van den Broek bvande at po-box.mcgill.ca
Tue Apr 20 18:37:27 EDT 2004

Magnus Lycka said unto the world upon 20/04/2004 13:55:
> I fear that there is no really beginner-friendly way of writing GUI code
> in Python. Tkinter isn't great, but the other GUI tool kits are thin
> wrappers for C or C++ libraries where quirks caused by the underlying
> language shine through. We can't really compete with VB on the beginner
> level here... Will someone please write PyNewbieGui or VisualPython?

<SNIP>

Hi all,

I'm still busy getting a grip on the basics of Python, but I am also
starting to feel a GUI-itch. What little looking I have done at Tkinter made
me think I ought wait until I've a few more notches in my programmer's belt ;-)

But I was wondering if anygui (http://anygui.sourceforge.net/) could be seen
as going some distance towards PyNewbieGui? Again, I don't know too much
(indeed, I'm partly looking for opinions of this tool), but from what I've
read, it seems designed to be a "as little fuss as possible" GUI tool.
Anyone with experience to confirm this idea or disabuse me of it?

Best to all,

Brian vdB