[Tutor] Permissions Problem with Python

Peter Brown peterabrown at froggy.com.au
Sun Sep 14 08:20:40 EDT 2003

Hope someone can help.

For several days I have been trying to solve what I believe is a
permissions problem.

I have written several programs to update a postgresql database. When I try
to run these programs by executing a python file say foo.py in the current
RedHat 9 linux directory it says Permission denied or no such file or
directory.

As user postgres, I can start Postgresql manually and enter python
interpreter and open, create tables and select and insert data manually.
Also I can import any of these python files say create_tables.py into
python command line and it executes the program fine.

I have the following line at the start of  create_table.py  - #!
/usr/bin/env python.

I wish to be able to execute these python programs from crontab.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Peter