[Tutor] python

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Sep 13 13:56:28 EDT 2003

> you may find the beginner's guide/index of resources at the
python.org site
> useful:
> http://www.python.org/topics/learn/

And specifically for those new to programmers:

http://www.python.org/topics/learn/non-prog.html

Where you will find several tutorials explicitly aimed at
total beginners (including my own). They all have their own
style, pick one, try it, if it doesn't seem to be making
sense to you then try one of the others. Once you find
one that gels with you, stick with it and post specific
questions to this list.

It helps if you send the code and any error messages
because then we can see exactly whats happening.

Finally, is there a specific reason for you learning to
program? That is, does your boss habve some jkind of project
in mind for you? That kind of context can help us frame
suitable replies and examples for you.

Good luck,

Alan G