[Tutor] Re: new book available

Andrei project5 at redrival.net
Tue Sep 9 00:45:56 EDT 2003

Alan Colburn wrote:

Hello Alan,

> Checking my local bookstore last weekend I saw a new
> Python title: Python Programming for the Absolute
> Beginner. As most of you know, there's a series of
> "...for the absolute beginner" books. Whether one
> likes the book or not, I take it as a good sign that
> another publisher sees enough interest in Python to
> create a book about it.

I'm not familiar with it, but I don't live in an English speaking
country. Is it anything like the "for dummies" books? The ones I've seen
on programming weren't very good :(.

> One of the things that caught my attention was the
> author's distinguishing "new" style class definitions
> from "old" style ones.
<snip>
> is the newer style. I don't think I've seen this point
> discussed on PythonTutor or elsewhere. [Have I missed
> something?]

It's documented in the help files of Python (What's new in 2.2):
   2 PEPs 252 and 253: Type and Class Changes
   2.1 Old and New Classes

Yours,

Andrei

=====
Mail address in header catches spam. Real contact info (decode with rot13):
cebwrpg5 at bcrenznvy.pbz. Fcnz-serr! Cyrnfr qb abg hfr va choyvp cbfgf. V
ernq gur yvfg, fb gurer'f ab arrq gb PP.