[Tutor] Webbrowser

Scot W. Stevenson scot at possum.in-berlin.de
Mon Sep 8 04:13:46 EDT 2003

Hello Andrei,

>      def OnLinkClicked(self, linkinfo):
>          webbrowser.open(linkinfo.GetHref(), 1)
>
> The error:
>
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.2/webbrowser.py", line 38, in get
>      raise Error("could not locate runnable browser")
> webbrowser.Error: could not locate runnable browser

I used the browser module exactly once, and I started it off with

try:
	self.mybrowser = webbrowser.get()
except TypeError:
	[Say you can't find the browser]

I'm not sure if you did something like that before the part of the code that
you mentioned. The docs say you can "register" a browser; if all else fails,
maybe that would be the way to go.

Y, Scot

--
          How to quiet a crying baby with the X Window System:
                  nice xlock -inwindow -mode kumppa

               Scot W. Stevenson - Zepernick, Germany