[Tutor] Determining systems maximum float value

Marc Barry ms_barry2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 31 09:01:22 EST 2003

Dear All:

This is a rather simple question (perhaps) and I have searched the archives and
haven't found an answer for it.

Basically, I want to know how to determine the maximum supported float value of
the underlying system that the Python interpreter is running on. I know that
floats are implemented using double in C and thus their maximum value depends
on the system. For example, python has a function in module 'sys' that gives
the maximum integer value:

#-----

import sys

print sys.maxint