[Tutor] Text processing with files

Intatia intatia at paradise.net.nz
Sun Oct 26 00:09:04 EDT 2003

Here's my pathetic attempt with what little I know...:)

from os import linesep
filepath = raw_input("Convert which file? ")
fileread = open(filepath, "r")
text = fileread.readlines()
fileread.close()
fixedtext = []
for line in text:
         fixedtext.append(line.replace('\n', linesep))
filewrite = open(filepath, "w")
filewrite.writelines(fixedtext)
filewrite.close()

Seems to work, or at least, the file keeps it's contents *g*

It's probably a matter of style, but I prefer to keep
opening/(reading/writing)/closing a file all together where possible for easier
reading.