[Tutor] 2nd Python Book

David Rock david at graniteweb.com
Tue Oct 21 00:48:49 EDT 2003

* John Duarte <john at duartedailey.org> [2003-10-20 15:37]:
> I have seen recommendations for a first Python book, ie Alan Guald's Learn to
> Program Using Python, and Lutz & Asher's Learning Python. (Which are both
> terrific books!)
>
> I was wondering if anyone could recommend a '2nd book'.
>
> I was glancing through Deitel & Deitel's How to Program Python, and it looks
> very thorough. Are their any opinions about this book specifically.

The Deitel & Deitel book is a good starting point. I would consider it
another '1st book'. Once you get past the basics, I find that I spend
most of my time on the python.org website, personally. The Python
Cookbook is good for insights into how to "think python", but the best
reference is still the current docs on the website.

--
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com