[Tutor] Printing Chinese characters?

Terry Carroll carroll at tjc.com
Thu Oct 16 18:07:48 EDT 2003

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Alfred Milgrom wrote:

> Do you (or anyone else) know where I can get the Chinese encodings,
> including BIG-5?

Alfred --

The Unicode orginazation has a file with the mappings of major Asian
encodings to Unicode at

  http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/Unihan.txt

It's 25 meg.  The Big-5 encodings are associated with the tag "kBigFive".

I have a Python module, still in rough form, for looking up entries in the
Unihan.txt file.  I was planning on releasing in when I have it in a
little bit better state, but I'd be happy to share a copy with you now, as
long as you realize it's still pretty rough.

--
Terry Carroll
Santa Clara, CA
carroll at tjc.com