[Tutor] osx python editor

Scot W. Stevenson scot at possum.in-berlin.de
Mon Oct 13 21:35:34 EDT 2003

Hello Kim,

> i'm making the transition from perl to python, i'm trying to  convert a
> lot of tools into python so they can be maintained a little better.
> I'm looking at doing alot of my work under osx  rather than linux.

I'm sure somebody has already pointed this out or that you have already
considered this solution and found it lacking, but just to be sure: You
might want to try an editor that will run on just about any platform, so you
don't have to care which operating system you are running. My favorite is
vim (http://www.vim.org), which runs on just about anything above a 6502 and
is beautiful for pythonizing. You will, however, have to invest a bit of
time to become familiar with it.

Various Mac versions seem to live at

http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX/

The vim page has more info.

Note to the list: vim has a new Python script, check

for details. Haven't tried it out myself yet.

Y, Scot

--
                Scot W. Stevenson - Zepernick, Germany