[Tutor] access all files in one directory?

Annika Scheffler annika.scheffler at gmx.net
Wed Nov 12 08:52:29 EST 2003

Hi,

I would like to access all files in one directory, read their contents. I
need them for a program.

So far I have a very simple program which takes two input files and creates
one output file.
I need to give the program file1 and then one file after another in order to
compare it with file1. In conclusion I need to create an output file for
each of the files, except file1.  All the files I need (except file1) are in one
directory.
Can I give my program that directory to loop over all the files in it?

Thanks very much for your help,
Annika

--
Ravens fly in flights, but the eagle flies
alone.