[Tutor] how to learn programming,and how to use python as the first one u program?

Gerrit Holl gerrit@nl.linux.org
Mon May 19 15:51:22 2003

wei huang schreef op maandag 19 mei om 15:25:33 +0000:
> i am a new learner, even do not have much knowledge in C & C++
> i will be very appreciated if some one tell me which book i should read
> ps:this is my first mail in the mail list,thanks all

Congratulations on finding Python as a first language!

*Five* years ago, I started using Python.
It is very cool to look what my questions were back then:

http://www.google.nl/groups?q=group:comp.lang.python+author:Gerrit+author:Holl&hl=nl&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&as_drrb=b&as_mind=12&as_minm=5&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=19&as_maxm=12&as_maxy=1998&filter=0

I can not understand what I didn't know... I didn't know the difference
between terms like interactive, interpreter, compiler, scripting,
editor, programming language. A question like "How does the
following def look in edit?" illustrates that very well.

You can ask your questions here, you are very welcome!

yours,
Gerrit.

--
195. If a son strike his father, his hands shall be hewn off.
        -- Hammurabi, Code of Law