[Tutor] Newbie python programmer here.

TERRENCE WALKER summariesofhate@comcast.net
Sun May 18 15:28:03 2003

Hi everyone, I just started programming in python and just started
subscribing to this mailing list as well. I look forward to gathering
and sharing ideas and learning too. Anyhow, here is my first question.
I have a function that is supposed to reverse all the letters in a word.
That is what I want it to do anyhow. I can't seem to get it right. What
am I doing wrong?

def reverse(name):
    name = "aname"
    for i in name:
           print i[-1]

I know this is trivial to you more experienced people. But I really want
to learn this language. Thanks for the help.

Jarrod
p.s. this mail will always have the name Terrence on it my name is Jarrod.