[Tutor] Stdin email question

Kirk Bailey idiot1@netzero.net
Sun May 18 01:54:02 2003

more.
Reading in 'Learning Python', I see many wise words of clarity.
you can use sys.stdin.read(), sys.stdin,readline(), or sys.stdin.readlines()

message=sys.stdin.readlines()
should definately hand you the entire message, MINUS the envlope data, which
the smtp server ate for lunch.

Now riddle me this: whyfor do you want to grok the entire thing undigested?

If you simply want to capture the message for examination, why not just feed it to a file?

To do it takes a simple alias:
aliasname:/pathtofile/filename
the file should be existant, and be writable by your Mail Transmission Agent (MTA,
frequently Sendmail). IF THE PATH HAS ANY S P A C E S IN IT, YOU MUST BRACKET IT IN
"QUOTES".
aliasname:"/path to file/filename"
Like that.

Hmmm, are you trying to write a mail filtering script??? Or what?

(this is getting intresting...)