[Tutor] Creating stock responses to FAQ

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu May 8 17:44:02 2003

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Bob Gailer wrote:

> I'm amazed & delighted at the number and consistency of responses to
> Ellen's "a neewbie at python" request. I hope we have not blown her away
> with the volume or discouraged her.
>
> I'm also concerned that we collectively take so much time to say the
> same thing. I wonder if we could create a "stock" response to such
> requests, and that one of us (possibly taking turns) could send it to
> others with similar requests. I would be happy to take that role for the
> month of May, then pass the baton to someone else for June. What do you
> think?
>
> Perhaps we could do something similar for requests for tutorials.
>
> Are there other FAQ you think would merit attention?

Hi Bob,

I had some kind of "monthly summary of Tutor" idea in the back of my head,
sorta like how Dr. Dobbs does weekly summaries of comp.lang.python in
their Python-URL series:

    http://www.ddj.com/topics/pythonurl/

except it would be cool if we could do this on a smaller but more detailed
scale, since we have less traffic and more focus than the main general
newsgroup.

If a group of us could step up and do some sort of summary thing, that
might be very useful for newcomers to Python-Tutor.  A summary might be
even better than a regular FAQ, since, although we do get frequent
questions, we often get pretty rare ones too!

Talk to you later!