[Tutor] programming style question:

Simon Wittber (Maptek) Simon.Wittber@perth.maptek.com.au
Wed May 7 02:19:01 2003

Hi Thomi,

>while 1:
>	do_lots_of_things_here()
>	if (condition):
>		break

I see no problem with using this type of construct, in fact, I believe
it is=20
a pretty common to see this sort of thing in Python code.

>What do you all think? It is a bit off topic, but do you guys think=20
>programming style is a personal thing, or should there be set rules?=20

For the sake of your grades, I suggest you follow the style set down by
your
lecturer!=20

At my place of employment, I maintain several different applications in=20
different languages. The style of programming I use should be the same
for
each application, following the conventions used by programmers before
me.
Consistency is usually better than correctness, esp. when correctness is

defined as my personal taste in code conventions and idioms.

Of course, the conventions I use in my personal projects are  the most=20
Correct way of doing things, and I'll never change that!

Simon.