[Tutor] Re: pygsear turtle-graphics

Lee Harr missive@hotmail.com
Fri Mar 21 09:20:02 2003

>He's a penguin/turtle on steroids. (Great job)

Thanks  :o)

>I think the problem with the install of pygsear was that I had trouble
>getting pygame to configure. Perhaps the README could contain an example
>of how to configure pygame if you
>are not running a sound card. Show in an example how to read config
>errors and take care of them by removing their respective flags, in  >the
>text file Setup-- found in the pygame directory.

I think installing software is still very tricky.

I don't have a soundcard either, but I never had any problem
with that.... I use the FreeBSD port, though, which really
makes it pretty easy.

>The python tutorial in pygsear is excellent. However, I think I might
>have deleted it as I can't
>find it in the file structure. I have a hunch it's in there under
>another name? A pointer would be helpful.

Actually, the book is not included with pygsear. I think there is
a link to it in the docs though. I have been considering including
snapshots of the book, but it is under very active development,
so I am not sure I am ready to do that yet.

pygsear:
http://www.nongnu.org/pygsear/

the book (Start Programming):
http://staff.easthighschool.net/lee/computers/book/