[Tutor] Parsing HTML ... where to start?

Alan Colburn aicolburn@yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 18:54:13 2003

Eventually, many miles/km down the road, I'd like to
be able to download my personal financial information
from a web site, storing various balance numbers in
variables that I can go on to manipulate, display,
etc. The web sites will require passwords to access
and, presumably, are https://

I know there's a module out there somewhere that will
help, with particular methods that I'd want to learn
about, but I don't know what they are or where to look
to find the modules and help in using them.

I'm familiar with basic Python and HTML -- it's just
the importing data from a web site aspect of the
problem I need to learn. Suggestions on a starting
point?

As always, thanks for your help! -- Al C.