[Tutor] Enter: Matt

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 10 18:07:09 2003

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Bob Gailer wrote:

> At 04:38 PM 3/10/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> >My name is Matt, a newbie to Python and the list.  I am in the Seattle WA
> >area, and looking for  someone willing to tutor me.
>
> I'd love an excuse to visit Seattle (I lived there for about 14 years).
> How's your budget :-)
>
> See http://www.python.org/doc/Newbies.html for a fairly comprehensive
> list of resources.
>
> There are some good tutorials that have been mentioned on this mail
> list;  search the archives.... We'll be happy to answer specific
> questions.

Hi Matt, welcome aboard!  Please feel free to ask questions on the list;
we're a small community, but we'd be happy to help learning Python be a
pleasant experience.

By the way, those archives live here:

    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/

(There is a searchable interface of the archives from:

    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Browse/Threaded/python-Tutor

but it's somewhat inadequate and misses some things at times. If I have
some time, I'd love to write something in Jython that uses Jakarta's
Lucene search engine so we have a more robust archival search for
Python-Tutor...)