[Tutor] Idle on RH 7.2 questions

Tim Johnson tim@johnsons-web.com
Thu Mar 6 14:00:04 2003

Hello All:
    I am using RH 7.2 with python 1.5.2 as the default
for the distribution (I believe). I would prefer to
leave 1.5.2 as it is and have also installed Python 2.2.2

I would like to use idle with 2.2.2 and my current idle
looks like this:
#
#! /usr/bin/env python

import os
import sys
from idlelib import IdleConf

idle_dir = os.path.dirname(IdleConf.__file__)
IdleConf.load(idle_dir)

# defer importing Pyshell until IdleConf is loaded
from idlelib import PyShell
PyShell.main()
#
and I have the idle (2.2) directory at
  /usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/idle

when I run idle, I get the following error message:
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/bin/idle", line 5, in ?
      from idlelib import IdleConf
      ImportError: No module named idlelib
I cannot 'locate' or 'find' on my machine
My questions are:
1)Is idlelib a seperate distribution
  or
2)Have I made an error in my installation of
  python2.2

TIA
--
Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>