[Tutor] convert decimal to hex

vicki@stanfield.net vicki@stanfield.net
Mon Mar 3 12:11:15 2003

I am working on a small Python script which sends data
out on a serial port to a device and reads what that
device sends back. What I send is in hex format as
should be what I receive back. I should receive a
"0x15) but I get what resembles a section break
character in editing notation (=A7=A7). I am relatively
sure of the port settings that I am using (and
experimentation hasn't given me anything resembling
what I expected anyway). Can anyone give me a clue as
to how to proceed to fix this problem? I am using the
serial module write and read commands. I tried readline
as well. I can verify what is sent and received in
another application that I have.=20

Thanks,
--vicki