[Tutor] newbie 'while' question

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Jun 30 14:12:02 2003

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Matthew Richardson wrote:

> s = raw_input('Enter a name: ')
> for x in s:
>     print x
>
> Trying to do it with 'while', I've only managed to get it to print
> through to the last character, where it loops and continues to print the
> last character until escaped.  Someone willing to point me in the right
> direction?

Hi Matt,

Sure, but you need to show us your while loop first.

It sounds like you've almost got it right, so I suspect it has to do
something with the while loop condition always being being a true value.
But we really do need to see the code so that we don't have to read your
mind.  *grin*

Good luck to you!