[Tutor] Re: Viewing postscript

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman@dman13.dyndns.org
Thu Jun 26 16:04:51 2003

--GdbWtwDHkcXqP16f

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 03:34:53PM +0700, Mico Siahaan wrote:
| How can I preview an postscript file using python script in Windows XP?
| I have some postscript files, and I want to make a python application to
| preview the script.

The method which requires the least amount of code on your part is to
first install 'ghostview' on your machine, then use
    os.system( "ghostview '%s'" % full_path_to_ps_file )
in your program.

The alternative is to rewrite ghostview (and likewise, ghostscript) in
python.  That is not trivial, to say the least :-).

(The only other alternative is to find someone else who has already
done enough of the recoding that you can use it)

-D

--=20
Microsoft: "Windows NT 4.0 now has the same user-interface as Windows 95"
    Windows 95: "Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to reboot"
Windows NT 4.0: "Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to login"
=20
http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/

--GdbWtwDHkcXqP16f

--GdbWtwDHkcXqP16f--