[Tutor] Re: Creating barcodes

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman@dman13.dyndns.org
Thu Jun 26 16:03:20 2003

--zS7rBR6csb6tI2e1

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 11:21:24AM +0700, Mico Siahaan wrote:
| One of my client ask me to make an application for creating, viewing then
| printing barcodes in Windows environment. Is there any python modules that
| would help me to create such application?

GNU Barcode can help you :
    http://www.gnu.org/directory/barcode.html

If you aren't familiar with the "pipes and filters" software
architecture, then I suggest studying it!  It is a very powerful and
flexible paradigm used extensively on UNIX-like platforms.  It
provides a simple and effective means for leveraging other programs to
do much of your work for you.  I expect that GNU Barcode will run
natively on Windows, but it may require using the cygwin runtime
environment.

HTH,
-D

--=20
The nice thing about windoze is - it does not just crash,
it displays a dialog box and lets you press 'ok' first.
=20
http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/

--zS7rBR6csb6tI2e1

--zS7rBR6csb6tI2e1--