[Tutor] Help needed with graphix

Jeff Shannon jeff@ccvcorp.com
Tue Jun 24 14:25:02 2003

Andy Wolfe wrote:

>Hello
>
>I am rephrasing this question asked a wee while back which went unanswered.
>
>I wanted to import the graphics module but an exception was raised that
>there is no graphics module to import. The statement I used was:
>(without quotes) "from graphics import *"

As far as I am aware, there is not (nor has ever been) a standard module
named 'graphics', nor is there a common third-party 'graphics' module.
 There's a wide variety of packages available that can help with
different sorts of graphics needs, from providing a graphical user
interface (wxPython, Tkinter) to manipulating graphical image files
(PIL) to graphing data (PyPlot).  Perhaps you can tell us more about
what you're hoping to accomplish, and what led you to look for this
"graphics" module...

(For the record, I didn't answer your previous question because, while
I've certainly never heard of a "graphics" module, that doesn't mean it
doesn't exist.  It's also possible that you're getting it from a
tutorial or some such that includes a custom graphics module.  So I
figured I'd wait and see if anyone else knew of anything...)

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International