[Tutor] crash when importing random or sys module, in my embedded python

R. Alan Monroe R. Alan Monroe" <amonroe@columbus.rr.com
Wed Jun 18 21:50:02 2003

>> Are you importing a random.py in your current directory?
> Nope, the normal one from the standard library. Just like struct.

>> import actually executes the lines that start at the left margin.  These are
>> typically def, class, and import statements.  Some assignment statements are
>> also common.  Normally these simply create the classes and function definitions
>> that your program will be using.
> That's all I'm doing, trying to set up a list of random integers that
> will be used as global variable, nothing more. The only reason I
> bothered wrapping the "import random" in a try block was because the
> host app in which I was embedding, starting segfaulting, after I added
> the "import random" statement.

Fiddling around with the order of the import statements DID let me use
sys.exc_info after all. But who can tell me what this inexplicable
error means? (Google couldn't find the exact error message, although
it found the source for the standard random module :^) )

Here's the error:
'computed value for TWOPI deviates too much (computed 6.28319, expected 6.28319)',

What the @*&^@#*????

Alan