[Tutor] recommended mail modules?

Lance E Sloan lsloan@umich.edu
Wed Jun 11 10:59:02 2003

Greetings, fellow Pythonati!

I've been given the task of converting a Perl program to Python.  Not to
get into trash-talk, but I can't think of anything more worthwhile.  :)

This Perl program is designed to go through the messages in a mail
folder (UNIX mbox-style), examine headers, and do various things.  It
uses Mail::Folder, Mail::Internet, and some MIME modules.  I'm trying to
figure out which Python modules I should use for this.

I've looked in the Vaults of Parnassus and done Google searches.  I've
found lots of mentinoed of Python mail modules, but no indication as to
which is "best".  Are there any that Guido or the python.org elders
recommend?

I have Python versions 2.1, 2.1.3, and 2.2 available to use.

PS:  Sorry for the small amount of Perl jargon I've introduced into the
list with this message.   :)

--
Lance E Sloan
U-M WATS: Web Applications, Technologies, and Solutions