[Tutor] text to xml

Magnus Lyckå magnus@thinkware.se
Tue Jun 10 04:31:01 2003

At 11:41 2003-06-10 +1200, Tom Brownlee wrote:
>WHAT AM I MISSING?????  to me it seemed feasible to work but it doesnt
>quite get there.

That's not the clearest error description I've seen...
Perhaps you can tell exactly what goes wrong. In that
case people might be able to help you without having
to run your code, and that probably means a better
chance of getting help...

The first thing I see is that you have called your file
xml.py, and then you try to do:

from xml.dom.minidom import *

That should cause Python to try to import "dom.minidom"
from your xml.py, which will obviously fail.

Don't use builtin names as variable names, and don't use
builtin names or standard library names as file names for
python source.

If I had seen a traceback, or if you had shown some output
that looked different than what you expected, then I would
have known if I had solved your problem by now or not.

--
Magnus Lycka (It's really Lyckå), magnus@thinkware.se
Thinkware AB, Sweden, www.thinkware.se