[Tutor] File path

Kirk Bailey idiot1@netzero.net
Mon Jun 9 12:37:01 2003

When it is in the current working directory (cwd), you don't. Just open the file.

When it is someplace else, it is pretty safe to declare the complete path.

f1=open('c:\my documents\foobot\foobot.config','r')

SOME operations permit relative addessing, but your milage may vary.

if os.exists('./lists/mylist'):
	do.something('yes')
else:
	do.something('no')

When it is in the cwd you do not declare a path at all:

f1=open('history.txt','r')

absolute addressing is safe and dependable. Odd that SOME functions allow relative
addressing, and some don't.

--

end

Cheers!
         Kirk D Bailey
                               think
http://www.howlermonkey.net/ +-----+ http://www.tinylist.org/
http://www.listville.net/    | BOX | http://www.sacredelectron.org/
                              +-----+
"Thou art free"-ERIS          think    'Got a light?'-Promethieus

.