[Tutor] Query re: IDLE & Slackware 9.0

Rob McGee i812@softhome.net
Tue Jun 3 21:13:02 2003

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 08:33:42PM -0400, Todd Stephens wrote:
> > I am wanting to use Idle on Slackware 9.0 but cannot seem to call it up
> > using the command line, and there aren't any menu items for it. Nor can I
> > seem to find it buried within the Python directory. I was under the
>
> Looks to me like the default python installation in Slack 9 leaves it out.  A
> quick 'locate idle' turns up only the following:
>
> /usr/doc/python-2.2.2/html/lib/idle.html
>
> I can't find anything in /usr/lib/python2.2/ either.

Correct. I found this issue in Slackware 8.0 too, but I forgot to ask
Pat (Slackware maintainer) about it. Now that you've reminded me, I'm
CC'ing this to him.

Pat, the "Tools" directory in the top-level of the Python source tarball
contains some goodies which would be nice to have ... they're not copied
over in the "make install".

Thanks,
    Rob - /dev/rob0