[Tutor] documentation

Magnus Lyckå magnus@thinkware.se
Tue Jun 3 07:07:01 2003

At 05:27 2003-06-03 +0000, roy ollis wrote:
>isn't there a way to make the included tutorial more versatile.

I'm sure there is. I don't think colors is the way though. For
instance, it works very poorly for printed b/w papers, and also
for colour blind people. It's also difficult to make such a
division. People are different, and come from different
backgrounds. Something which is trivial to one reader will be
very odd to another and vice versa.

I don't see why one particular tutorial needs to be the best
for everybody. There are plenty of different tutorials aimed
for different kinds of readers. The beginner page at python.org
links to many of them. http://www.python.org/doc/Newbies.html

I'm sure there are improvements to be made in both the official
tutorial as well as in other tutorials and in the information
that links to them. Maybe the beginner page should say a little
more about the inetended audience for each tutorial?

Maybe the official tutorial should also include a link to
the beginner page?

--
Magnus Lycka (It's really Lyckå), magnus@thinkware.se
Thinkware AB, Sweden, www.thinkware.se