[Tutor] Newbie here ... Have python installed and have been trying the beginning tutorials

Dirigo bbbbosox@mtneer.net
Mon Jun 2 18:30:02 2003

First I would like to take this opportunity to thank specifically Alan
Gauld (yes, I did read parts of your web tutorial - pretty good IMHO)
and Magnus (if I may) along with others who have contributed very useful
information that I'll be able to use.

I have python 2.2.2 installed and have been using the GUI entering code
lifted from my readings of the various tutorials.   You're going to
laugh I'm sure, but I haven't seemed to master the entering of multiple
lines of code, but am researching what I am doing wrong here.  It has to
do with "..." - I assume these three periods are interpreted by python
to know another line of code is following, but when I type the "..." and
hit the Enter key, I get the SyntaxError:  invalid syntax" type error
message.  I'm sure it is my mechanics.  Anyway I just wanted to express
my Thanks to all of you for your help and look forward to "benefiting
more" ;>)) from your future guidance.

Best Regards,

Dirigo