[Tutor] Boa Better Os Alert!

Jeff Shannon jeff@ccvcorp.com
Mon Jul 28 13:55:05 2003

RASTM2@aol.com wrote:

>Ray --In a message dated 7/27/03 3:55:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
>tutor-request@python.org writes:
>
>>I'm having trouble with a documented bug in the Boa readme file.
>>

>This line is incorrect. The problem is the OS.
>As it turns out, JanC on the comp.lang.python said that my
>Win98 installation would not work the Boa if I used the Unicode
>version of wxPython.

I believe that the wxPython web page warns that the Unicode build may
not work properly under Win9x, because those versions of Windows don't
have full Unicode support -- from the wxPython website, "It will also
mostly work on Windows 95/98/Me systems, but it is a bit of a hack-job."
 So it's not too surprising that something like Boa, which stretches
wxPython to its fullest, has problems running the Unicode build on the
Win9x series...

>I swapped the installation over to the ASCII version of wxPython and BAM,
>I gotta Boa!.

Glad that works for you.  :)  Btw, if you have further problems with
wxPython or Boa, you'll probably get a more effective response from the
wxPython-users mailing list (see http://wxpython.org/maillist.php) than
here...

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer