[Tutor] Password Program

Guillermo Fernandez guillermo.fernandez@epfl.ch
Fri Jul 25 06:08:02 2003

 >Michie DeBerry wrote:
 >>>Hello peeps,
 >>>I was wondering if it was possible to have a program in Python ask
 >someone for
 >>>a user name/password and then encrypt the password, save it to the
 >harddrive,
 >>>and later, when asked, decrypt the password and tell u what the
un/pw >is.
 >Justin Heath wrote:
 >Check out http://www.python.org/doc/2.2.3/lib/module-crypt.html.

I'm afraid crypt is a one-way hash function, and thus impossible
(well... or vey difficult :-) to decrypt.

You'll probably find what you want here... at least you have the choice! ;-)
http://www.amk.ca/python/code/crypto.html

If you are a united-stater I guess you can still donwload the sources
without problems (US relaxed the export controls for encryption software).

Guille