[Tutor] pydoc cli in windoze

RASTM2@aol.com RASTM2@aol.com
Wed Jul 23 12:19:01 2003

Say fella's

Is the pydoc command line interface accessible from the windows command line?

I was reading the Lib\Ref 5.1 and ran across pydoc's example...

...same text documentation can also be viewed from outside the Python
interpreter by running pydoc as a script at the operating system's command prompt.
For example, running

pydoc sys

at a shell prompt will display documentation on the sys module, in a style
similar to the manual pages shown by the Unix man command.

Is this just for *NIX boxes or have I got a REAL problem, 'cuz' I get BAD
COMMAND
doing that, and typing

C:\python pydoc sys  or C:\python pydoc.py sys

returns CAN'T OPEN FILE PYDOC.PY.

Just wondering.

I can always fire up an interpreter -- no big deal.

Ray St. Marie
rastm2@aol.com