[Tutor] General object-oriented procedure question

Vicki Stanfield vicki@thepenguin.org
Fri Jul 18 15:15:02 2003

I have a program that has several classes, each with multiple functions
defined. I have mapped my way through enough to basically understand the
flow of things, but I am not sure what happens when it finishes the
mainloop (standard garden-variety mainloop). Say for instance that one of
the classes includes a button that I press to initiate some sequence of
activities. I finish the sequence fine, but then I get back to the class
and the program hangs. I have a pulldown menu which includes an exit, and
that works, but what if I simply want to end after the button activity
ceases. How do I do that? I've inserted print statements after the
mainloop call, but they are never reached unless I exit from the menu. I
need to add something to the end of the mainloop to end when finished, but
I am unsure where to insert it or exactly what to insert. I tried "return
true", but that didn't work.

--vicki