[Tutor] looking for data in large text file

Scott Widney SWidney@ci.las-vegas.nv.us
Tue Jul 15 13:02:01 2003

> I want to keep the lists for various comboboxes in one text
> file. This makes it easier to edit via other means besides
> Python. (Something like a Windows .INI file with all your
> settings in it). But how do I look for a list in a text file
> without have to readline the whole file?

Welcome! Have you looked at the ConfigParser module? It seems like it might
be what you're looking for. It's covered in the Library Reference in section
5.10; the URL for the on-line version is:

http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-ConfigParser.html

Best of luck!
Scott