[Tutor] Bits operations

Alan Gauld alan.gauld@blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jul 11 17:38:01 2003

> >octal and hexa...). It's easier to see something like 00101001B...
>
> Nope. I pestered Guido about that in Charleroi during
> EuroPython, and he was determined there was no practical
> use for it. If you really want it, pester him on Python-dev! :)

Really? I'm surprised. I assume Guido doesn't do much with
bitmaps or reading raw data from devices. The lack of a binary
representation is a real pain. Not hard to code but why should
I have to?!

And watching a single bit toggling in binary is much easier
than watching a hex or octal digit changing and mentally
working out which input line triggered it!

Alan g.