[Tutor] Database and Python

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Jul 7 18:16:01 2003

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003, Huib wrote:

> I am trying to learn Python. Have been busy with other languages as well
> such as TAS and Delphi.

Hi Hugo,

It sounds like you're already pretty familiar with programming.  Have you
looked at the Official Tutorial yet?  It's at:

    http://www.python.org/doc/tut/

It goes quick, and you should be able to pick up enough fundamentals there
to get some work done.

> I can not come through. I have worked through the book Programming in
> Python 2nd edition.

Programming Python is meant as a leisurely, in-depth tour through the
language: it's probably the last thing you want to read if you are in a
hurry.  Go for the official tutorial link above, and you'll probably be
happier with its pacing.

You can find an introduction to Python and database stuff in:

    http://www.amk.ca/python/writing/DB-API.html

and there's more material in the Database Topic Guide:

    http://python.org/topics/database/

Please feel free to ask questions as you go through the tutorials; we'll
be happy to help.