[Tutor] is it a right choice?

Jody jmricker@nc.rr.com
Thu Jul 3 22:38:04 2003

Someone on the Useless Python list mentioned recently this article:
http://www.peek-a-booty.org/pbhtml/index.php. The author of this article
discusses the problems that he ran into when it came to compiled =
languages
like C++ and how much easier the project will be when he switches to =
Python.

Also, something I don't believed anyone has mentioned regarding Python =
is
the wonderful community you get with it. Having learned many languages
myself and being involved in the communities associated with them, the
openness of sharing and teaching that prevails in this mailing list and
other Python related areas is very unique. I've seen other groups where =
the
users are openly hostile to new programmers and do not encourage =
questions
or give much help and instead take a "for me to know and for you to find
out" attitude. With Python, people are very willing to be patient with =
you
as long as you are patient with them. That is the #1 reason I've stuck =
with
Python over any language.

Jody