[Tutor] Re: Hello and a (probably) stupid question

Andrei project5@redrival.net
Tue Jul 1 20:36:01 2003

Chris Readle wrote:

> Aha, that sure enough did it.  I was looking at the code, and comparing
> them to each other, but I never thought about comparing the
> whitespace....this is one of those things that will take me awhile to wrap
> my head around I think. :)  Thanks for the quick response!

It's really not that hard :). If it looks like a block, it IS a block.
Having a good editor will help you a lot with whitespace (auto-indenting
and the likes), so you won't have to bother at all. Also make sure your
editor converts Tabs to 4 spaces when working on Python code, otherwise
you might mix real tabs and spaces so things might *seem* to have the
same indentation, but in reality they're different. I suppose Gvim
should be able to do this (I use Scite myself).

Andrei

=====
Mail address in header catches spam. Real contact info (decode with rot13):
cebwrpg5@bcrenznvy.pbz. Fcnz-serr! Cyrnfr qb abg hfr va choyvp cbfgf. V
ernq gur yvfg, fb gurer'f ab arrq gb PP.