[Tutor] writing a search engine

tpc@csua.berkeley.edu tpc@csua.berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 1 11:52:01 2003

this site hosts a (no longer maintained) quick and dirty search engine:

http://www.melbpc.org.au/pcupdate/2012/2012article10.htm

it's ok for getting a working example up, although it only indexes from
the virtual index apache creates or an index.html file in a given
directory.  Also, its stop words list doesn't seem to work at all, and it
doesn't do phrase searching or highlighted terms in results.  It also is
not a Google type of index, which ranks results by how many links point
to the page as well as keyword matching.