[Tutor] compiling python apps

Michael Honeyfield mhoneyfield@xtra.co.nz
Tue Jul 1 03:48:02 2003

Hello python users,

	I have set myself the task of learning python. I learn best in the deep
end (sometimes) and thought I would give pysol a hack and see what I can
do with it. Perhaps port the UI to the QT python UI.

Anyways, I am confussed on the two pysol packages that one can download.
One of them is a "ready to run" package (3301Kb) and the other is the
source (151Kb). I figured the source package is there for customizing
(which is what I wish to do) but I dont know how to "compile" it like
the "ready to run" package is. Anyone following this list understand me
or am I making a public fool of myself? :) If a am not making much sense
I will try to clarifiy further.

But to sum it up, How do I get my modified pysol source compile like the
ready to run package? I have emailed the maintainer, but not had any
reply (I suspect he is busy in the next cool release of pysol :) )

Many many thanks in advance

Mike

--
Ok, there's no way to do this gracefully, so I won't even try. I'm going
to just hunker down for some really impressive extended flaming, and my

-- Linus Trovalds