[Tutor] Importing a module I made

Shey Crompton Shey@argonaut.com
Mon Jan 13 09:30:02 2003

Hi all,
I'm sure this has probably been asked before, but I deleted the mail this
morning and can't find where it was mentioned in the achives, sorry.

I have a file BankAccount_class02.py that I want to import into and use in
another program. I have found that I can only import the file successfully
if it is located in Python22\Lib. This is fine, but I would like to not have
to copy every file I write, and want to import, out of my work folder
(Python22\Python Stuff). For this to work do I have to do the PythonPath
thing, or something similar? I'm using Win2K pro, and know how to get to the
system\advanced\environmental variables, but I'm unsure of what to type in
that area.

Thanks in advance,

Shey