[Tutor] Tk Listbox scrollbars

andy surany mongo57a@comcast.net
Tue Jan 7 17:13:50 2003

Sorry for the multiple postings. Looks like my service provider had
problems.....

-----Original Message-----
From: andy surany <mongo57a@comcast.net>
To: tutor@python.org <tutor@python.org>
Date: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 4:35 PM
Subject: [Tutor] Tk Listbox scrollbars

Hello all,

I wrote a program for a scrolled list containing a Y-axis scrollbar
which has been working fine. At this point, my data is also overflowing
the width of the box, so I have added an X-axis scrollbar.

Both scrollbars appear, but the x-axis scrollbar is "vertical" (and
tiny...and I press the up or down arrow to move left or right). What I
want is a "slider" similar to the y scroll bar. I'm pretty sure that the
error is in the way that I am packing the widget, as follows:

sbar.pack(side=RIGHT, fill=Y) # This is for the Y-axis bar and it works
correctly
tbar.pack(side=BOTTOM) # This places the X-axis bar as described above

TIA

-Andy