[Tutor] Applications/examples of some advanced Py features, please !

Aztech Guy aztech1200@yahoo.com
Sat Jan 4 14:32:02 2003

--0-1915008729-1041708661=:8337

Thanks,
Goncalo, Gregor, Bob, Danny.
I'll try out the ideas suggested and revert with my results.
Looking forward to more replies on some of the other topics not mentioned, if anyone has any ideas about them..
Goncalo - a question - does the standard Python binary distribution (I have ActivePython 2.2.1 on Windows 98 and the Python 2.2 that comes with Red Hat 7.3 on Linux) - have all/most of the source for the std. lib. or do I have to download something else separately ? I do see a lot of .py files under the Lib directory, but since I'm new to Python, I don't know if they include all of the std. lib. - or if there is a formal concept of "std. lib." as there is in C, for instance.  Anyway, I do have a lot of .py files there, and I'll read thru them for lambda examples. Thanks for the tip.

Az.

 Gonçalo_Rodrigues <op73418@mail.telepac.pt> wrote:I will just comment on the functional stuff and reserve my comment on the interfaces stuff to another post.

I haven't got any specific use cases for you. But one advice that I got and that helped me a lot was just to browse the code in the Python standard library. The code there is high quality and you

--0-1915008729-1041708661=:8337

<P>Thanks,
<P>Goncalo, Gregor, Bob, Danny.
<P>I'll try out the ideas suggested and revert with my results.
<P>Looking forward to more replies on some of the other topics not mentioned, if anyone has any ideas about them..
<P>Goncalo - a question - does the standard Python binary distribution (I have ActivePython 2.2.1 on Windows 98 and the Python 2.2 that comes with Red Hat 7.3 on Linux) - have all/most of the source for the std. lib. or do I have to download something else separately ? I do see a lot of .py files under the Lib directory, but since I'm new to Python, I don't know if they include all of the std. lib. - or if there is a formal concept of "std. lib." as there is in C, for&nbsp;instance. &nbsp;Anyway, I do have a lot of .py files there, and I'll read thru them for lambda examples. Thanks for the tip.
<P>&nbsp;
<P>Az.
<P>&nbsp;
<P>&nbsp;
<P>&nbsp;<B><I>Gonçalo_Rodrigues &lt;op73418@mail.telepac.pt&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<STYLE></STYLE>

<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>
--0-1915008729-1041708661=:8337--