[Tutor] Saving data to be retrieved later.

Chris Bailey caster17@earthlink.net
Thu Feb 20 22:58:03 2003

------=_NextPart_000_0288_01C2D92A.E774F1D0

 Hey everyone, I'm a bit new to python, and I don't know much more than =
the basics of programming in general.
I'm trying to find a bit of help, but websites/tutorials haven't been =
very informative in the ways I need them to be.
Basically what im trying to do, is save a bunch of statistics to =
seperate files, so they can be called on later. If
you are familiar with muds, i'm trying to work with pfiles. I just =
thought I would make a single player text based
game for my friends and I to play. I have some neat ideas, and I think I =
know how to implement them, But I
will of course need a way to save our characters! :)
------=_NextPart_000_0288_01C2D92A.E774F1D0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;Hey everyone, I'm a bit new to =
python, and I=20
don't know much more than the basics of programming in =
general.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm trying to find a bit of help, but=20
websites/tutorials haven't been very informative in the ways I need them =
to=20
be.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Basically what im trying to do, =
is&nbsp;save a=20
bunch of statistics to&nbsp;seperate files,&nbsp;so they can be called =
on later.=20
If</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>you are familiar with&nbsp;muds, i'm =
trying to work=20
with pfiles. I just thought I would make a single player=20
text&nbsp;based</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>game for my friends and I to play. I =
have&nbsp;some=20
neat ideas,&nbsp;and I think I know how to implement them, But =
I</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>will of course need a way to =
save&nbsp;our=20
characters! :)</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0288_01C2D92A.E774F1D0--