[Tutor] Sun says: Don't use Java, use Python!

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Wed Feb 12 07:48:01 2003

> > ideally be implemented in a single file to make redistribution
> > and configuration control easier. Javba breaks that model and
>
> A single file... you mean like a JAR file?

Nope coz the jar is the unit of distribution not the unit of
implementation. If somebody makes a change to a single class
high is part of a category they have to issue a new Jar
containing all of the classes in the original. We then have
multiple Jars some with A B C and some with A B and C+.
It becomes hard to know what has changed, what the impact is etc.
If A B and C are in a single source file we can be sure that
the .obj(or library) is consistent in its internal class versions.

Alan g.